Monday, July 7, 2008

Wind

The wind's at your back, mate. That's all ye need, in'nit?

All ye need t' take yer life back from the depths, and sail yer own ship, off into the horizon. Ye've got yer crew, ye've got yer supplies, ye've got yer bloody ship, bless 'er heart, and ye've even got the rum. Now, have ye the guts? Have ye the fire in yer belly? The gall to go where yer fear will never guide ye?

The helm is yer's, boy. Ye've sat in the cabin long enough. 's time to take command o' yer own vessel.

Ye shan't follow the wind. The wind's followin' you, Captain.

2 comments:

John said...

I like this alot. Interesting you should use a captian character... reminds me of some of matt's stuff

Anonymous said...

The idea and purpose behind this were amazing but I think your characters are just typical, nothing-to-them pirates. The way they tell the story is good but the bits about the rum and the bloody ship were kinda cliche.
This ones one of my favorites.

You know who I am.