Saturday, February 20, 2010

Conversing

I want to write

Then write...?

But...I can't...

Oh? And why not?

Because...

Because...?

I don't know

Oh come now. You must have a reason

Um...I've been busy..?

That...is a blatant lie.

That's not true!

Hum. You spend more time texting than reading tropes, more time reading tropes than playing games, more time playing games than being on Facebook, more time on Facebook than doing your homework, and more time doing your homework than writing

So what am I doing now?

Writing...in the dark. You can't even see this!

Well. I like it.

You prefer writing in the pitch, unable to see a letter, to typing on a brightly lit computer screen?

I do believe so

Preposterous.

Do you even know what that means?

Well...erm..take out the pre...you have posterous...looks like posterior...

Which is exactly what you sound like, trying to help me this way

Prepostero-oh, damn it.

I'm so relieved to know I've been reduced to verbal slapstick

In the dark.

Oh, give it a rest. It's more fun this way.

If you say so. You're the one talking to himself.

Oh? What are you doing?

The same. But! You started it.

Another level down! We're really making, nay, crafting an elegantly picturesque contraction of the lower calf in the most definitely not incorrect facing, on the y-axis, that shall be sung of in the ballads of gallant troubadours, reenacted by all theatrical hopefuls, enshrined in the memorials of history's heroes, for all glistening eternity.

Don't you mean z..? Ugh. Cut with the purple. You're awful at it anyway.

Then what color should I write in?

Oh! That is a fun idea! Let's write in a rainbow of styles!

You mean make up arbitrary writing facades to go with our own preconceptions of what a color should mean

Well...when you put it that way, yes.

Sounds good. Tomorrow?

Second period?

Excellent

Doubly so. We already have purple.

Quite. Hm.

Hm?

Should we do Indigo?